I love rugby as much as the next Rugbyhead but even I am starting to feel a little overwhelmed at the moment.
I only tend to find time to watch games involving teams I support (Crusaders, Canterbury, All Blacks) but during this 10 day period I have only managed to watch about 2 games worth of rugby, and I have not got a handle on when these mid-week ITM cup games are even on until after they have happened!
Since I last wrote anything on Rugbyheads (which was only about 10 days ago) the following have happened.
1) 18th July - Samoa shoke up the status quo when they gave the Wallabies a sound beating, in the Wallaby's home back yard.
2) 23rd July - A rusty All Black crew (with Samoa's achievements clearly in their mind) eventually were able to put the Fijians away 60-14, successfully blooding Colin Slade as Carter's backup, and getting the come-back kids Ali Williams and Sivivatu back in the mix.
3) 24rd July - The nuggety Southlanders showed their typical resolve and held on to take the Ranfurly Shield back from Canterbury.
4) 24th July - The Wallabies brought back their big guns for the Tri-Nations opener and overwhelmed the understrength South African's to remind everyone that are as dangerous as ever, they just can't turn up and expect the win like they did against Samoa.
5) 28th July - Canterbury continued their losing streak, getting off to a hot start (Fruen scored in the first 20 sec) but them being mown down by a fired up Wellington squad, who came back to score 34 unanswered points, winning 37-28 in the end.
6) 30th July - Canterbury bounce back on the winning track, over running lowley Manawatu 42-15.
7) 30th July - Tri-nations, match 2. Full strength All Blacks squad lines up to take on the South Africans in Wellington.
I will be sitting down to watch the ABs tonight, but I don't know how I will cope with the RWC games on top of all this! It's madness!